Sunday, September 3, 2017

Digital Dashboard Document

This year I am trying a more transparent and strategic approach to my technology integration.  I've always been mindful of the purpose of the tool, but I wonder if I've consistently conveyed that purpose to my students and colleagues.  I have a plan. I know what I'm doing, but do others see it?

So, to get things started, I created a Digital Dashboard Google Document on which my students will see what sites we will be using consistently, the rationale for using that site, and an area in which they will type in login information---not their actual password, but hints or clues in case they forget. There are important class links to district sites, as well as extra rows for students to add additional sites they may choose to frequent.

Both Edmodo and Google Classroom give users the ability to generate an editable copy for each student with the file name and sharing permissions, so in the event that someone does not remember his/her password, the student can access the doc or I can offer clues.  Many of the tools we will employ in class allow the teacher to reset passwords, but I want students to be responsible for their accounts before I access my dashboard.

If you like this design, go ahead and snag a copy, customizing it for your students. In the comments for this blog post, please share how you convey the purpose of technology integration to your staff and students.





1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate that you made an edit-able document that your students can post clues for passwords that also includes links to the syllabus, website, and other tools that will surely be helpful in your students' academic careers. Have you thought of any other ways that help incorporate technology into your instruction? Do you think technology has a larger place in the classroom, especially in high school classrooms, where students have more access to resources they may or may not need? I currently work at an elementary school and the amount of technology incorporation is quite substantial.

    If you are interested, I have attached the URL to my website with a blog post that discusses my thoughts on technology in the classroom.

    http://livelaughteachenglish.weebly.com/blog

    ReplyDelete